With Christmas just around the corner, you are probably busy buying gifts, trimming your tree, baking treats and, most importantly, planning your holiday celebrations.
Trips in your mobility van to visit friends and family are probably more frequent this season. Using your conversion wheelchair accessible van is the best way to travel during the holidays. Forget the long lines at the airport and misplaced luggage! Road trips in your mobility van allow you to enjoy the beautiful winter landscape in comfort, as well as the festive Christmas lights and decorations.
With the weather being a little more unpredictable, however, it’s not a bad idea to put some planning into your seasonal travel plans before you hit the road.
Make sure your van is in proper working order
Checking out your conversion or mobility van’s health is the first place to start. No one wants to be on his or her way to grandma’s house and have to call roadside assistance in a pinch!
Go through this basic checklist before hitting the highway:
Check your tire pressure.
- Do your tires need to be re-aligned?
- Is your van up to date on its last oil change?
- Is your heater properly working?
- Check the lift, ramp, transfer seat, driving aides and any other mobility equipment. Make sure it’s in proper working order and properly lubricated prior to take off.
- Check the condition of your brakes.
- Schedule an appointment with a mechanic if necessary. Don’t put off taking your van in to the shop if you see something troubling. Waiting until after your trip could result in a costly repair bill and a stressful holiday.
- Is your entertainment system in working order?
Check your route
Traffic, road closures, difficult weather conditions and other factors are much more likely during the winter season. Having a map handy, the road condition station on your radio, and a trusty companion with a smartphone can really help take some of the stress out of holiday driving.
Looking for a conversion van or mobility van for your holiday travel? Classic Vans located in the San Francisco Bay Area has the largest selection of new and used conversion and mobility vans. Browse their inventory at www.classicvans.com or call (866) 370-8222. Don’t live locally? Ask about low-cost nationwide van delivery.