Do you love your conversion van but also worry about it leaving a carbon footprint? Carbon and pollutant offsetting is every American’s responsibility. Little things you may not even be aware of can help make a major, positive impact on our planets condition. While you may not be aware, conversion vans actually offer many eco-friendly benefits as opposed to other large vehicles and SUV’s. Conversion vans offer more space, are great for carpooling and some of the newer ones are built with incredible fuel-efficient technology. Here is a list of tips to consider and help you contribute to keeping your van or any other vehicles emissions down.
- Slow Down! Maximum fuel efficiency is achieved at 55 mph. Its counter intuitive because you would think if you’re driving faster and spending less time on the road you will save gas and limit emissions. In fact when driving faster than 55 mph, your gas mileage will go down by 15%! Using your cruise control, avoiding excessive braking and acceleration will help you maintain your best fuel efficiency.
- Tire Pressure! We can’t stress the importance of constantly checking your conversion vans tire pressure. There are so many benefits to driving with well-inflated tires. Driving with properly aired tires will increase your fuel efficiency, prevent unnecessary extra ware on your engine, keep you from having an emergency situation on the road and overall reduce emissions. Ask your dealer prior to taking your van home what the proper tire pressure should remain at.
- Watch Your Idling! Idling longer than a minute uses more gas than shutting the engine on and off. Your conversion van is releasing exhaust while achieving no gas mileage at all.
- Have A Trusted Mechanic Close! For the most part, conversion vans are incredibly reliable and should really not run into many maintenance issues. However if you plan on using your van for lots of traveling, busy day to day commuting, picking up and dropping off, its always important to stay on top of routine tune ups! Oil changes, checking your coolant levels, rotating your tires and getting your filter replaced in a timely manner will help you achieve maximum fuel efficiency and minimal vehicle emissions.
- Check For Excess Weight! While many people use their versatile conversion van for carrying either equipment or passengers remaining vigilant about unnecessary weight will help increase the fuel efficiency of your van. If you’re able to reduce excess equipment, seats or cargo you will notice your fuel efficiency will increase.
- Look Into EcoBoost Conversion Vans! The technology of conversion vans engines and fuel efficiency has come a long way in the past few years. Some of the newer vans such as Ford Transits, Mercedes Metris, Mercedes Sprinters and other models have been built to maximize gas mileage while leaving a minimal carbon print. Check out this all-new Ford Transit by Explorer with EcoBoost! https://www.classicvans.com/new-conversion-vans/564-ford-transit-explorer.html
Owning a conversion van has so much to offer! With incredibly similar fuel efficiency to SUV’s and minivans, plus the amount of passengers and versatility you will find; conversion vans can be significantly better for the environment!
Searching for your next conversion van! Classic Vans offers the nation’s largest selection of new and used conversion vans, motorhomes and mobility vans. Call (877) 370-8333 or visit their inventory at www.classicvans.com. Low-cost nationwide van delivery is available!