Are you planning your annual or seasonal trip in your class B motorhome, campervan or RV? Travel vehicles make summer travel exciting, comfortable, and cost efficient.
One of the best reasons to travel by motorhome is being able to bring along foods you wouldn’t normally be able to have when traveling via plane or staying in a hotel. In addition, having your favorite meals and snacks nearby in your campervan can save you money.
Check out our list easy-to-make campervan snacks below for some ideas on how to stay energized during your travels.
DIY Trail Mix
With so many different combinations and possibilities, you may stumble upon a new favorite mixture. Have fun and experiment with some of our favorite possible ingredients:
- Nuts: Peanuts, Almonds, Pecans, Cashews, Brazil nuts, Pistachios, Macadamia
- Seeds: Chia Seeds, Flax Seeds, Hemp Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds
- Dried fruit: Cranberries, Pineapple, Cherries, Apricots, Banana Chips, Figs, Mangos, Dates, Banana Chips, Goji Berries, Strawberries, Dried Apples, Dried Papaya.
- Grains: Granola, Pretzels, Cheerios, Chex, Bran Flakes, Toasted Oats, Popcorn, Puffed Rice, Sesame Sticks, Oyster Crackers.
- Sweets: Coconut Flakes, Milk Chocolate Chips, M&Ms, Dark Chocolate Chips, White Chocolate Chips, Carob Chips, Mini Marshmallows, Peanut Butter Chips, Yogurt Covered Raisins, Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
- Unconventional: Chickpeas, Wasabi Peas, Dried Edamame, Cinnamon, Thyme, Crystalized Ginger, Grated Orange Zest, Parmesan and Olive Oil (for roasting), Maple and Brown Sugar (for roasting), Cayenne Pepper, Tamari, Chili Powder, Lime, Sea Salt, Cumin
Typically, trail mix consists of nuts, a dried fruit, something sweet and a grain. However, the sky’s the limit! Get creative and come up with your own signature blend. Here are some unconventional mixes for inspiration:
Peanut Butter & Jelly Trail Mix
- 1 cup of roasted and salted peanuts
- ½ cup of banana chips
- ¼ cup of dried blueberries, strawberries, cherries or cranberries
- ¼ cup of peanut butter chips
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an air-tight container.
Cajun Trail Mix
- ½ cup of whole raw almonds
- ½ cup of pecan halves
- ½ cup of walnuts
- ¼ cup of unsalted shelled sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup of unsalted shelled pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp of canola oil
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of garlic powder
- ¼ tsp of ground cumin
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and toss well, ensuring all nuts/seeds are coated in mix.
- Spread nuts on a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast for about 15 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- Store in an airtight container.
Spicy Honey Mustard Mix
- 2 cups of spicy peanuts
- 2 cups of salted soy nuts
- 1 cup of raw almonds
- 2 cups of grape nuts or other cereal
- 1 cup of peanut roasted chickpeas
- 2 cups of pretzel pieces (honey mustard & onion flavor)
- 1 ½ cups of chopped dates
- Combine all ingredients in a large bag and shake until well combined.
Autumn Snack Mix
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup of dried apples, chopped
- ½ cup of dried cranberries
- ½ cup of pecan halves
- ¼ cup of cinnamon chips
- ¼ cup of caramel bites
- Combine all ingredients together and store in an airtight container.
Tamarind Trail Mix
- 1 lb of mixed nuts and seeds
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- Large pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 ¼ tsp of kosher salt (more for sprinkling)
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp of tamarind paste
- ½ cup of coarsely chopped dried mango
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place nuts, coconut, cayenne, cumin, coriander, and kosher salt in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan combine butter, honey, brown sugar, tomato, and tamarind paste over medium heat. Coat mixture over nuts and toss evenly.
- Bake 25-27 minutes, stirring twice or until nuts are caramelized. Season with salt.
- Once nuts are cooled, add dried mango and cilantro.
- Store in a cool place.
Ready for your next campervan trip? Visit Classic Vans and browse our selection of new and used conversion vans, mobility vans, and class B motorhomes for sale. We’re the number one supplier of new and used travel vehicles in America for every need and budget.
Don’t live locally? No problem. We offer low-cost nationwide van delivery.