Explorer Van Company has been a national leader in van conversion production since 1980. For almost 40 years, the Indiana outfit has been building quality vans right in the country’s heartland.
Explorer Van Company’s history is truly the story of a small business living the American dream. Most of Explorer’s current workforce has been with them for at least 15 years.
Since the birth of the first Explorer van, the manufacturer’s credo has been “building vans the right way, with the customer always in mind.” What makes an Explorer Van different from other conversions is the company’s attention to detail. With more than 100 craftsmen overseeing each vehicle’s wood components, interior lighting, carpeting and seating, no expense is spared for customer satisfaction.
For the past 25 years, Explorer has been building conversion vans on GMC, Chevrolet and Ford chassis. Very recently the company began manufacturing conversions built upon the popular Mercedes Benz Sprinter. The Sprinter by Explorer Vans provides a touch of European sophistication to the utility of the company’s American built product.
Along with the GMC Savana, Chevrolet Express and the Ford Transit, the Mercedes Sprinter is an exciting new member to the already great lineup of Explorer Vans.
Facts About the Mercedes Benz Sprinter Chassis
Both elegant and powerful, the Mercedes Benz Sprinter offers an array of functions. Basic cargo models have the ability to haul a large amount of materials with the van’s two powertrain options:
- 161-hp 2.1 liter turbo diesel/seven-speed automatic with rear-wheel drive, or
- 188-hp 3.0-liter turbo-diesel V-6 with a five-speed automatic/rear or four wheel drive.
Mercedes Benz Sprinter by Explorer Vans
Explorer Vans is committed to building powerful, safe and luxurious conversion vans for their customers. The Mercedes Benz Sprinter is no exception! Some exclusive features offered on the Sprinter include:
- Automatic climate control
- Rear Backup Alarm
- Premium overhead control panel
- Tailgate surrounding light
- Interior Lighting in Rear
- Front Passenger Seat (Standard)
- Single Flip-up Tailgate
- Driver Efficiency Package
- Active Safety Package Plus
Standard features included are:
- 12v Air compressor and vacuum
- 6 upgraded radio speakers
- Automotive leather doors
- Center console with removable ice chest
- Custom overhead console with switch plate
- Custom window shades
- Custom chrome grill
- Color coded wire harness
- Deluxe fully carpeted door mats
- Dynamat sound deadening door and floor application
- Easy access fuse panel
- Enhanced window ledges with built-in cup holders
- Full painted automotive style fiberglass running boards
- Full one-piece 32oz carpet with closed cell foam insulation
- High gloss wood ceiling light panel with reading lights
- Heavy duty fade and stain resistant fabrics
- Interior indirect lighting
- Leather double stitched window valances
- Leather wrapped interior factory components
- Premium leather driver and passenger seats with pedestal covers
- Premium leather quick release middle captain chairs
- Premium leather power sliding sofa/bed
- Power lumbar, power reclining and heated driver/passenger seats
- Molded automotive style walls and headliner
- Rear garment hangers
- Upgraded radio speakers
The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter by Explorer is available in low roof or high roof configurations. The Sprinter offers plenty of headroom for friends, family and clients entering and exiting the van. State-of-the-art technology such as a 28” HDTV rear entertainment system are sure to keep your passengers comfortable no matter how long your trip is.
Currently, the Sprinter by Explorer is offered in three chassis colors: brilliant silver metallic, flint grey metallic and obsidian black metallic. All three are sure to turn heads
Van Specifications for the Mercedes Benz Sprinter by Explorer
|Overall Height (low-top)||100.6”|
|Overall Height (high-top)||110.5”|
|Interior Stand Up Space (low-top)||64.1”|
|Interior Stand Up Space (high-top)||75.5”|
|Rear Doors Height (low-top)||60.6”|
|Rear Doors Height (high-top)||72.4”|
|Seating Capacity||Up to 12|
|Cargo Room (low-top/high-top)||68.6- 80.8 cu.ft|
Capacities for Explorer Sprinter Van Chassis
|Engine||6-Cylinder Turbocharged Diesel Optional 4 × 4|
|Horsepower||161 hp at 3800 rpm|
|Transmission||7G-Tronic Automatic Transmission|
|Fuel Tank||24.5 Gallons|
Interested in the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter by Explorer Vans? Classic Vans, located in Hayward, California, is the West Coast’s premier dealer of new and used vans by Explorer Van Company, including the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, Chevrolet Express, GMC Savana, Ford Transit and Mercedes-Benz Metris.
In addition to conversion vans, we specialize in class B motorhomes and handicap accessible vehicles.
For 30 years, Classic Vans has been family owned and operated. We are committed to providing the best van buying experience possible for customers. Visit our website or contact us today to get started finding the van of your dreams!
Don’t live locally? No problem! Inquire about low-cost nationwide van delivery.